We’ve recently had the pleasure of purchasing and building a 3D printer. I have to admit it was quite an adventure for me to sit down and build this stuff from start to finish. Build process honestly was not too bad, but getting everything dialed in was the hard part. In this build I am going to take you from the beginning, to the end. What I ran into and how I fixed it.
When I bought this unit I wanted the maximum build surface available. So I went with the 8″ Prusa with RAMPS. I’ve seen printers go for 1000′s of dollars, but that’s more than my budget was willing. I wanted something that was cheap, easy to use, and most importantly effective. So doing weeks and weeks of research I found MakerFarm which is a US based company. That was important for me. I didn’t want to wait a long time for it to clear customs and stuff. I just wanted something that was locally sourced and readily available.
It took me about 2-3 days to set everything up from start to the finish. But after all of that, I have a better understanding of how this works. With that being said, I am going to go indepth on some details for the build process and what I messed up and how I ended up having to take some things a part to fix them.